During the early outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic, Lasting Impact was unable to have fundraising events. Instead, we sent out an appeal letter for support. We are very grateful for the response of our supporters. Because of their generous gifts we were able to continue our goal of an annual donation of at least $1000 to a small youth organization. The 2020 recipient was Avalon Village in Highland Park, MI.
To date, Lasting Impact, Inc. has donated over $23,900 and touched the lives of more than 480 youth. In addition, we continue to support our past recipients with an end of the year donation.
Lasting Impact’s 100% volunteer team is determined to give back to the community and to make an impact on as many youth as possible. God has blessed us greatly and it is time for us to give back. If you would like to join us, please go to the volunteer page for more information. We would love for you to become one of the “willing hearts impacting today’s youth!”
- Lasting Impact’s first event in 2014 was a golf outing & luncheon. It was a fundraiser for Wellspring, a truly worthy youth organization that provides academic, recreational and faith based programs to youth in the Brightmoor / Old Redford communities in Detroit, MI.
- Our 2015 golf classic & luncheon fundraiser was for Wellspring again. During this time Wellspring was putting on an addition and increasing the number of youth they could accommodate.
- November of 2015 we hosted a bowling event at Beech Lanes.
- In 2016 the premier fundraiser was a luncheon to benefit Circle Y Ranch of Bangor, MI. Circle Y is a Christian small residential youth camp which has provided a fun-filled camping experience for youths from the age of 8 to 17 for over 51 years. The funds raised will provide camp scholarships.
- January of 2017 Lasting Impact hosted a bowling event at Plum Hollow in Southfield.
- On June 18, 2017 LII hosted a Father’s Day Jazz Luncheon featuring Randal V. Wilson and the ChoZen Few and as is commonly said “a good time was had by all.” The funds raised were donated to Wellspring to support their expansion and to Circle Y Ranch for 30 recreational scholarships.
- The 2018 Jazz Luncheon featuring Randal V. Wilson and the ChoZen Few on June16th for Mission City was a great time of fellowship and support. We were able to raise over $3,500 for Mission City’s youth summer programs.
- January 26, 2019 Lasting Impact hosted a bowling event at Plum Hollow in Southfield.
- The 2019 Jazz Luncheon featuring Randal V. Wilson and the ChoZen Few on June 15th enabled Lasting Impact to donate $1,500 to The Girls Factory worthy, a worthy program that assist in the development of young girls of the ages of 8 to 12.
- On February 15, 2020, Lasting Impact hosted a bowling event at Luxury Lanes in Ferndale, MI.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic Lasting Impact was unable to have our annual Luncheon in 2020.